[PLUG] Installing Slackware on Jetway

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Mar 4 20:15:08 UTC 2019

On 3/4/19 12:07 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2019, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> I have a Jetway machine. I use it to view stuff on the TV in the living
>> room. It used to have Ubuntu MATE 16.04 on it, but this morning I've
>> begun
>> the installation of Slackware 14.2. The last two Slackware installs I
>> did
>> were in UEFI machines, and so did not use LILO. This is an older
>> machine.
>> I'm at the stage of the installation where I tell it to use "simple",
>> "expert", or "skip". My guess is to go with "simple" but before I hit
>> OK I
>> thought I'd ask for input from the other Slackware users.
>
> Dick,
>
> I believe the Jetway uses an Atom processor. It's 32-bits and a simple
> LILO
> installation will work.

This is what it reported back when I had Ubuntu installed:

product:  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz
width:     64 bits
clock:     200MHz
capabilities:     x86-64 fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce
cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse
sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe
lahf_lm dtherm
configuration:
cores    =    2
enabledcores    =    2
threads    =    4

> When you upgrade everything don't forget the kernel and rebuild the
> initrd,
> point /etc/lilo.conf to the proper generic and huge kernel versions, and
> re-run /sbin/lilo.

Right.

--
Regards,