[PLUG] Does anyone have experience with Proton VPN?

tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:18:38 UTC 2019

While this is not the answer to the question you are asking.

I used mullvad.net while traveling at public wifi hotspots statewide
and abroad last year. It woks great on Linux - their client works well
on openSuSE and 16 and 18 LTS Ubuntu. They use openVPN as well as
WireGuard on their end. Additionally you can download openVPN config
files which work great when imported to Network manager. I have not use
them on Android, so I cannot comment.

The service does not need to know who you are if you are concerned
about privacy when sending all your data through them.

Obviously, Netflix/Prime video does not work, but banking and gmail
does.

Tomas