[PLUG] Has google outsmarted the linux text browsers?

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:19:51 UTC 2019

If you check the page source, it explains it all. The link doesn't point to
the original page, it points to Google, with a reference for the actual
page. Google then redirects you.

So, you never request the page directly, you are always redirected by
Google. That way they are in full control of your browsing as well as being
able to get all the info about your visit through the embedded JavaScript
on the destination page, when they include it.

I imagine that, if the destination wants the traffic from Google, they need
to embed their code. Otherwise it would old not show up in G searches at
the first place.

Tomas