[PLUG] Terminal multiplexers

Louis Kowolowski louisk at cryptomonkeys.org
Wed Mar 27 14:45:43 UTC 2019

Same concept as a terminal with tabs, but with the added benefit of the ability to disconnect it from the display (allows you to leave things running in a terminal with out being connected to the host).

You can also script it, whether you want to have it perform actions while you’re using it, or to customize how it starts. Some people configure it to start with multiple sessions, running different applications in each session. You could configure different types of this and run them on demand.

There are lots of options. Its quite flexible. I use it daily, but rarely on my local machine.