[PLUG] Line out audio problem

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed May 1 23:40:29 UTC 2019

Hardware is a box from ENU. Software is Ubuntu MATE with XFCE window
manager.

This afternoon the line out audio stopped working, mostly. I was able to
hear it faintly. The headphone out on the front of the computer still
works. That will keep me working until I get the line out problem
resolved, but only if I just use headphones. Normally I use the
headphones through external speakers, but there's an impedance mismatch
when plugged into the headphone jack on the front, and it adds
distortion. Plus, I often need to adjust the volume, which is easy to do
with the external speaker. I tried the GNOME ALSA Mixer, and see that
line is not muted.

Is there anything else I should be looking at before I decide it's a
hardware problem with the sound stuff on the motherboard?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens