[PLUG] Minimal Distribution for Atom 550 Processor

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:29:45 UTC 2019

I got an SSD for this beast, now waiting on a power cord. In the meantime,
trying to decide on what distribution I want to load. I was originally
going to go with CentOS, but not sure if that is doable on this Atom
processor. I saw a recommendation for Puppy Linux, but Puppy became very
confusing very fast. Once installed, this will run headless. No GUI or
anything is necessary. Just need basic network stuff like dhcp, ntp, gpsd,
and maybe a lightweight webserver for some static pages and possible file
downloads. It will not be connected to the Internet, just a local LAN.

(Yes, I've used a RaspberryPi for this in the past. I just want to use this
box this time.)

I appreciate your suggestions.

Michael