[PLUG] Odd error web message

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu May 23 21:39:29 UTC 2019

On 5/23/19 2:28 PM, Fred James wrote:
> Dick Steffens wrote:
>> Using Firefox on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine, if I go to
>> http://www.artoftheprint.com/ I'm sent to
>> http://www.artoftheprint.com/403error.htmlI get the following error
>> message:
>>

>> 403 Unauthorised Access Explenation:
>> "Sorry, unable to complete your request"
>>
>>     If you received this notice, you may not be using the appropriate
>> settings.
>>     Pease contact the site where this link is located so they can
>> correct this issue.
>>

>> There are three spelling mistakes here, so it's either a hijacked
>> page, or the creator of the error message doesn't have English as a
>> primary language.
>>
>> When I Google "403 Unauthorised Access Explenation:" Google wants to
>> correct the spelling. When I tell it to keep the spelling, it still
>> only gives me info for the 403 error with correct spelling.
>>
>> If I go to http://www.artoftheprint.com/ using Firefox on my virtual
>> Win7 machine I get the correct page.
>>
>> Anybody else ever experience this
> When I use either Firefox, Iceape or Chromium, I get the intended
> page, and not an error page.  When I force the error page by putting
> in the error page URL you provided, yes I see the spelling issues.
> Does that help?

Maybe it's pointing to something messed on my machine.  I get the same
error with Chromium. In Midori I start at about:blan, put in
http://www.artoftheprint.com/ in the address box, and I get about:blank
again. Using Google Chrome on virtual Win7 I get the correct page, but
Google Chrome says it's "Not secure" to the left of the url in the
address box.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens