[PLUG] HP G62 AMD Dual Core laptop...

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Sat May 25 16:13:00 UTC 2019

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 4:03 PM Michael Christopher Robinson <
michael at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> It has been suggested that I go to opensuse.  I don't want to, Labview
> works with CentOS 7 and there would be a learning curve to go from
> Redhat style Linux to Suse style Linux.  What is the video card in this
> laptop, is it removeable, and is there a laptop form factor alternative
> that can replace it which Linux supports out of the box?
>
> This post
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=67864&sid=c034800d5a1edce136b09e692a6eb60c&start=10
implies that it is a recent update to CentOS that killed the radeon driver.
Is that true for your case?  Maybe you could install a slightly older
version of CentOS at least temporarily.

> Also, I'm planning on using VirtualBox to run Windows 7 on top of
> CentOS.  Do I have enough CPU power to do this?  I have a dual core
> Athlon II and 8 gigs of ram installed.
>
> That is plenty of power to run Windows 7 in VirtualBox

Bill Barry