[PLUG] Error under Wine

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Wed May 29 03:10:14 UTC 2019

Folks,
I just recently updated to a newer piece of radio equipment, the new
programming
software has had some changes to it. The original software ran better under
Wine
than under Windows, the newer version now fails with the following error::

run-time error  '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error:

I have looked it up and it appears to be that it should say after the colon:
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to fix it so I can run it under
wine rather than
have to run it under Win10 ( a VM but still have to spin it up and I do
really dislike
Win10)

If anyone wants to take a look at it, it is available from several
locations.

Here is one:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0833/9095/files/D878UV_Setup_1.12.exe?146
Here is another:
http://www.connectsystems.com/software/top/D878UV.htm
For this one select CPS version 1.12

I am trying to figure out if there is something I need to update on Wine or
if the
chinese coders wrote something that will not work under Wine.

Thanks in advance.
--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.