[PLUG] Procmail help needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 3 23:58:05 UTC 2019

I thought I worked out all wrinkles in the ~/.procmailrc recipes. I hadn't.

Paul taught me a lot about procmail recipes (such as putting them all in
.procmailrc rathet than an include file and that any string in a message
header can be used as the search string.) I've also read a couple of
detailed procmail blogs/web pages with examples of recipes which I've tried
to emulate.

Recipes can have multiple search strings and my understanding is that any
string must match for procmail to send the message to that file/folder.
Perhaps that's not the case but I saw no definitive answer.

I've moved all recipes into ~/.procmailrc:

# Catch SPAM
:0
/dev/null

## Call SpamAssassin
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

## Flagged as SPAM by spamassassin?
:0
/dev/null

:0:
* ^Subject: *****SPAM*****
/dev/null

:0:
* ^(To|Cc).*twodogs.us
personal

:0:
* ^TO_.*appl-ecosys.com
$DEFAULT

:0;
* [GRASS-user]
#* ^List-Id:.*<grass-user\.lists\.osgeo\.org>
#* ^(From|Cc|To).*osgeo\.org
spatial-analyses

:0:
* ^(From|Cc|To).*postgresql\.org
database

:0:
* ^(From|Cc|To).*gnucash\.org
accounting

:0:
* ^(From|Cc|To).*jpilot\.org
pda-jpilot

:0:
* ^(From|Cc|To).*lists\.lyx\.org
typesetting

:0:
* ^List-ID:.*<plug.*\.pdxlinux\.org>
* ^(From|Cc|To).*pdxlinux\.org
PLUG

:0:
* ^(From|Cc|To).*tug\.org
typesetting

:0:
* ^List-Id:.*<python-list\.python\.org>
* [sqlalchemy]
programming

* ^(From|Cc|To).*sqlite\.org
SQL

:0:
* r-sig-mixed-models
* r-help
* ^(From|Cc|To).*r-project\.org
* ^(From|Cc|To).*ethz\.ch

:0:
* slackbuilds-users
* ^(From|Cc|To).*slackbuilds\.org
* ^(From|Cc|To).*mailman\.lug\.org\.uk
* ^(From|Cc|To).*@slackware\.com
slackware

:0:
* [taskjuggler-users]
office

:0:
* postfix-users
* ^(From|Cc|To).*postfix\.org
* ^(From|Cc|To).*cloud9\.net
mailhelp
#EOF

This past weekend all incoming messages were sent to spatial-analyses (the
first recipe) and not matched to the proper recipe. Is that because _all_
search strings must match? Should I write a separate recipe for each search
string?

I isolated the procmail log file for today only. It's 70k so I put it on the
fileconvoy cloud server where it will sit for 5 days. Download a copy from:
<https://tinyurl.com/y3rfowd3>.

I think I'm close to getting all incoming messages properly sorted and ask
that you look at the recipes and log messages and show me what I need to
fix.

Thanks in advance,