[PLUG] Printer IP address [UPDATE]

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 00:15:06 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 3:49 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ideas how I can change that IP address to one that's on my
> LAN?
>
> Update: I found a Dell web page that says I can change the IP address using
> the printer's embedded web server (EWS). So I try to open that IP address
> on a new tab, but firefox cannot load that page.
>
> Try a different web browser?

Do I need to use a host on that same subnet?

Yes, you do need to be on the same subnet. If you have a laptop handy that
would be easiest, just plug a cat5 cable in directly to your ethernet port
and set your IP to match.

I doubt the printer is running any kind of DHCP server, so you'll just set
your IP address manually. It should link up once you do that. But if you
try to go through your router and LAN then you're gonna have a bad time.