[PLUG] USB Adapter for NVMe drive

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 17:58:37 UTC 2019

The installation method originally proposed is going to run into problems
due to UEFI installation procedures.

Lenovo implements a "service mode" that you have to go into for OS
installations and low level maintenance. There's a sequence of steps you
have to follow. Simply removing the drive and coping linux files onto it
will result into an unbootable system. Also, while you can delete windows
from the drive, you still need to go configure UEFI to forget the old
Windows kernel, and tell it that you have a new kernel. I don't mean to be
rude about this, but you guys are talking about linux installations like
it's still 2005. A LOT has changed and you can just dump files on a HDD and
expect it to boot....

John, I highly suggest taking time at the clinic to learn how to run
through the installation, and then network copy for /home. Your proposed
path forward for this isn't going to work as intended and will probably
result in years of struggling with obscure errors.