[PLUG] Putting knoppix-8.6 on an 8G flash drive

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sat Nov 16 19:42:19 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 10:42:02 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Sat, 16 Nov 2019, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
>
>> The best way to put knoppix or any other .iso on USB stick is
>> probably to follow their instructions or use a tool to do this.
>>
>> For knoppix it is described here:
>> http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix860-en.html

I burn ISOs to USB sticks all the time, mostly at the Clinic. I used to
use the GUI tool Unetbootin, which will burn any ISO to a flash drive,
but about a year ago I discovered Etcher, which I find is faster and
less confusing to use. Neither tool has ever failed me.

Having said that, I don't believe I ever tried to burn an ISO to a
drive that was messed up, bad partition, etc. I wonder what would
happen if I did it.