[PLUG] asking advice on secure texting application

logical american website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:13:04 UTC 2019

Hi all:

I just recently found out that my Signal Messaging Application on my
Apple Iphone has been compromised. This makes the 3rd attempt to find a
secure app a failure, as I have gone through Messenger, then WhatsApp,
and now Signal. So much for believing the hype.

Does anyone know a truly secure texting app which is encrypted
end-to-end and can allow groups on both the Apple Iphones and Androids?
I looked at Viper and Pryvate, but they are a subscription service.

Are there any others?

It is kind of scary to catch Signal monitoring you and popping up a
"Good morning" banner when it detects audio as you wake up and also
finding your contacts inserted into the directory pop up at random times.

- Randall

P.S. I know that this isn't a linux question, but I was hoping that
people familiar with encryption might be able to help?