[PLUG] failing email header - but why?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 18 01:49:57 UTC 2019

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019, logical american wrote:

> Recently gmail has been dumping emails to me into the spam bucket. Below
> is a sample email header. Can anyone tell me why both a dmarc failure and
> spf soft fail is occurring?

As a non-expert it appears to be mis-configured or bad SPF and DMARC on the
sender's side.

I have SPF set for outgoing (smtp) messages; never did get openDKIM to pass
the port25.com test, but it's running anyway. It's up to the sending MTA to
provide valid SPF (Sender Policy Framework: an email authentication method
designed to detect forging sender addresses during the delivery of the
email.) DKIM is similar.

Since gmail is the receiving MTA it's telling you the sender cannot be
validated.

Regards,