[PLUG] What wget options to clone a repo?

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 22:42:56 UTC 2019

Are all of the user:group permissions consistent in that folder? I bet one
of the subfolders in there is owned by root, and causing rsync to get stuck
when you run as a normal user.

you can either execute the same rsync command as root, or run
$ chmod -R 777 /opt/Slackware/slackware64-14.2

and then try your rsync command again, do you still get the same error? I
would not be surprised if you have something in there that is owned by
root, and therefore not writable by your normal user. With everything in
that folder set to 777, you should not see any permissions errors,
regardless of which user you use to run rsync.