[PLUG] FreeNAS Mini XL recovered...

Louis Kowolowski louisk at cryptomonkeys.org
Tue Oct 1 17:51:03 UTC 2019

If the data in question hasn’t been accessed recently (the 15m of tx you reversed), then there shouldn’t be any issue.

3x 4T would give you either: 1 RAIDZ, 1 mirror + spare. RAIDZ has been recommended against for a good decade now. I’d suggest RAIDZ2. It has a minimum of 4 requirement.

Since you’ve been using the zpool command already, run ‘zpool status <pool name>’. You should see a line ‘config:’ and below that, your disk layout.

Creating a pool of mismatched drive sizes will technically work, but isn’t optimal or recommended. Given that you have 3x4T, I’d suggest getting a 4th one and build your RAIDZ2 that way.