[PLUG] Play Android App on Linux?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Oct 2 06:05:28 UTC 2019

On 10/1/19 5:56 PM, Ali Corbin wrote:

>> Did you run it on Linux in some way?

> No, on android.

Okay. So I still need to fuss with some tools to play Android apps on Linux.

> As I remember, you're supposed to snap a photo of a sheet of music, and it
> magically decodes it and produces... something.  I forget what the output
> was supposed to be.  But I never got any output whatsoever.
>
> If the music that you're trying to read happens to be a pdf that was
> produced by a music setting program, then you're in pretty good shape.
> I've heard of software that can decode the pdf and translate it into other
> forms of music.  But if all you've got is a sheet of paper, or a photo of a
> sheet of paper, then the problem gets much harder.

There was some mention of feeding it a pdf, and I can scan to a pdf, so
I'll give that a try, if I get it to run.

Another tool I found is written in Java and is available for Linux and
the other two popular OSs. I may try that first. I have to install the
Java development tool since it has to be complied (or whatever it's
called in Java).

Thanks for the reply.

--
Regards,