[PLUG] Linux "Lockdown" feature?

OR Linux Jobs oregonlinuxjobs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 17:20:46 UTC 2019

I'm not sure if my comment is relevant but taking a chance.
If you are referring to linux servers for web hosting.

Most web hosting services use containers that don't offer any access to the
kernel.
They use a shared kernel managed by the host.
For example, OpenVZ and Virtuozzo containers.
There is a very real threat of root level hacks and compromises, but, they
don't have anything to do with the OS.
When I worked with web hosting, we found rooted containers all the time.
Mostly having to do with PHP vulnerabilities and relaxed shell access
through SSH

Neil