[PLUG] Can't figure out how to launch a Java app

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun Oct 6 19:02:55 UTC 2019

For many years I have used TreeForm, a Java application, to draw syntax
trees. The latest version I have working is TreeForm 10.3, but the
current latest version is 1.11, and I can't figure out how to launch it.

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/treeform/

To launch 10.3 I use 'java -Xmx256m -Xms64m -jar TreeForm.jar' from the
command line while in the folder for 10.3. But after unpacking the
download package for 1.11 I can't find a .jar file anywhere.

I have Oracle Java 8 installed on my Xubuntu 16.04 computer. In case it
is not adequate for this incarnation of TreeForm I figured I'd deal
with that issue later. First I have to figure out a launch command.

Suggestions welcome!