[PLUG] Can't figure out how to launch a Java app

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 6 19:42:46 UTC 2019

On Sun, 6 Oct 2019, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> To launch 10.3 I use 'java -Xmx256m -Xms64m -jar TreeForm.jar' from the
> command line while in the folder for 10.3. But after unpacking the
> download package for 1.11 I can't find a .jar file anywhere.

John,

Two questions:

1) Is 1.11 really an upgrade from 10.8? Could the new version be 11.1?

2) In the directory holding all files for the new version, is there a bin/
subdirectory with an executable TreeForm file?

JabRef 5.0.0 (which requires jdk11) is totally different from earlier
versions. Rather than downloading a single .jar file there's a directory
with three subdirectories and in JabRef/bin/ is an executable JabRef file.
That may be the format for your TreeForm application, too.

Regards,