[PLUG] Is a Linux Distro compromised?

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 21:53:43 UTC 2019

You could download distribution .iso as well as its sha256sum. Then you
run: sha256sum fileName.iso and compare them.

All distributions I know are additionally signed and will complain/abort
when the signature does not match.

That is, of course, only useful if the distribution itself is not
compromised. In case it is truly compromised, including signing and sha256
infrastructure, I do not think you can do much about it.

Hope it helps,
Tomas