[PLUG] Is a Linux Distro compromised?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Oct 7 23:00:58 UTC 2019

The gnarly problem with cryptographic signatures is making sure that the
public keys you are using to verify are the correct ones, since usually the
way you get the public keys are the same way you get the signatures and the
blobs they protect. You need some reliable out-of-band way of gaining
confidence you have the correct public keys. Keybase.io is an interesting
method. Key signing parties are a way of gaining confidence in your
"neighbors" keys, and you can kind of bootstrap your way through the
web-of-trust to gaining confidence in more distant keys.