[PLUG] Desktop fails to boot: dead drive?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 19 15:42:10 UTC 2019

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019, Richard Owlett wrote:

> Possibly.
> I assume your machine has either a working CD drive or your BIOS can boot
> from a flash drive. I would download a LIVE Linux to put your hardware thru
> its paces.

Thanks, Richard. The non-booting host is a 32-bit system at least a dozen
years old. I don't need it as the new host is a 64-bit Ryzen7 box with 32G
RAM and a 250G SSD for the system and a 2T drive for applications and data.

When I get all desktops, routers, and WAPs re-arranged and working I'll also
find a new home for the Dell Latitude 2100, a nice 32-bit laptop.

Regards,