[PLUG] MHonArc

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 20 18:38:06 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019, michael at robinson-west.com wrote:

> You can back up the new email on your active server using MHonArc. Creates
> a web page from an mbox file. Another option is to look into Maildir. You
> can convert your mbox files to Maildir files. Whether or not you can
> combine two Maildir files, I'm not certain.

Michael,

The mbox format works well for me. I could save current INBOX messages to a
temporary file, copy the backed up file to the desktop, then re-save the
temporary file messages to it.

That's probably the simplist solution.

Getting this done is priority #2; initiating the vaults on the new backup
drive is #1 and getting the Kensington Orbit to emulate the middle button
when both buttons are pressed is #3. Until I have a current backup of the
new desktop everything else is on hold.

Many thanks,