[PLUG] Now who made a smtp server do this???

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Thu Oct 24 19:03:02 UTC 2019

While group replying to another PLUG message I got this bounce
message back.

Excuse me, but why should any SMTP server care that it has no
route to my RFC1918 pre-natted address as recorded in headers?

That is stupidity to its maximus.

I know I am leaking a rfc1918 address in my dns, but that should
not cause any smtp server to reject my mial, as I also am advertising
a valid address:

host gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
gndrsh.dnsmgr.net has address 192.168.114.38
gndrsh.dnsmgr.net has address 65.75.216.6
gndrsh.dnsmgr.net mail is handled by 10 gndrsh.dnsmgr.net.

<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
    (reason: 550 5.7.1 <freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>: Sender address rejected: No route to your RFC 1918 network.)

... while talking to mail.appl-ecosys.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 <freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>: Sender address rejected: No route to your RFC 1918 network.
550 5.1.1 <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>... User unknown
<<< 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org