[PLUG] Now who made a smtp server do this???

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Sun Oct 27 23:02:31 UTC 2019

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 13:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
> "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
>
> If you having to rejected mail purely based on how a DNS record looks
> perhaps we could help you better configuring your spam detection so
> that kind of stopgap hack is no longer required. Is there something
> with Spam-assassin your not quite sure about?

Perhaps you should review the thread, it is NOT my mail system
rejecting the mail.  I am simply group replying to a thread on
the PLUG list, and some receepient (Who can be clearly identfied
if you read my original posting) has a smtp server that is rejecting
my mail based on the fact that I am leaking a RFC1918 address of
my mail server in my DNS records.

The only thing I could do to resolve the issue would be to go to
split horizon DNS and stop leaking the RFC1918 address.  But as I
stated, for me this is not an issue, I do not care if this person
gets my mail or not, thats his issue to deal with.

I do however have an issue that someone some place things that
a forward DNS entry that contains a non routed RFC1918 should
be grounds for rejecting an email, thats is just, well stupidity
to the maximus.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org