[PLUG] USB 3.x drivers

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 00:19:12 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 2:42 PM Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I may be wrong, so double check everything I said before relying on my
> memory ... so many USB versions at this point.

I'm pretty sure everyone is wrong at this point, the world needs a USB
version recap. I see conversations like this one all the time, and all
anyone seems to talk about is the speed. There's actually several reasons
why that Asus x470 board has color coded USB ports, but trying to break
down the pros and cons via email tends to confuse people. There's so much
more going on than just transfer speeds.

Of course, it doesn't help when Intel decides to put USB ports on a
Thunderbolt controller. :)