[PLUG] When Mailman list dies ...

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 18:44:35 UTC 2019

Just think about the CPU time Google spends parsing those undead reminders.

For every gmail account that is signed up to the PLUG list, it has to parse
and ingest that data into their ever growing Web Of Evil. Relational
databases attach these messages to various user profiles which are
referenced by other relational databases. Some are owned by google, others
are not. They build vast arrays of network switches to handle the self
inflicted DDoS attacks of their RESTful API infrastructure. Network
pipelines clogging up with HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/SFTP connections moving massive
amounts of random and often duplicated data from one place to another.

This is the Big Data arms race. If the number of emails sent exceeds the
server capacity of Google, the people win.

However... if Google's server capacity can handle the volume of user
emails, Russia wins the 2020 election. We need more emails!

-Ben