[PLUG] Need OpenGL driver for AMD GPU 699f (rev c7)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 6 20:12:21 UTC 2019

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019, John Meissen wrote:

> https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-vii

Thanks, John.

For some reason Google Earth Pro frequently shuts down when I try to zoom in
the image. This is apparently related to not having OpenGL available on the
system. However, further learning taught me that glxinfo is the tool to use
and this is the result on that host:

$ glxinfo | grep -i opengl
OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.8, 128 bits)
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.2.2
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.2
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.2.2
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Mesa-11.2.2 is installed so apparently GEPro crashing on that host is not
caused by OpenGL not being present. So another driver is likely not needed.

Regards,