[PLUG] Chown and chmod not solving a permissions problem

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Sep 12 02:05:25 UTC 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 16:27:31 -0700
alan at clueserver.org dijo:

>Have you tried using fsck on the partition?

No, because I didn't think of it, but I tried it just now. It probably
at least helped, and maybe solved the problem. It found half a dozen
errors, which I let it fix. Unfortunately I don't know enough about
filesystems to understand the significance of the errors. And I'm still
getting strange behavior.

Interestingly, I then tried fsck on my external Mediasonic drives. There
are two in the enclosure (real drives, not SSDs), striped to total
10TB. But it doesn't understand the drives, and I get errors when I try
to umount them.

I may have leave this <expletive> until the Clinic.