[PLUG] PLUG Digest, Vol 180, Issue 24

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 02:09:37 UTC 2019

> Respect is earned, not deserved. As I look around and see the
> various homeless folks camping under bridges, in parks, blocking bike
> paths, etc. I see nothing but disgusting garbage heaps. I see a huge
> mish-mash of tarps
> and tents, grocery carts, bicycle parts, bags and trash strewn everywhere.
>

> This is not a sight that commands respect, rather contempt. I
> understand homelessness, I have been homeless myself a few times over the
> years. But I retained the self respect to remain clean, neat, and orderly.
> Regardless of
> the circumstances, there is absolutely zero excuse for these trash piles.
> As long as these people seem intent on creating these situations, they
> will continue to be turned away and locked out. It is unfortunate the result
> impacts innocent users, but I understand PSU's position. They simply
> don't have the resources to constantly clean up after these abusers.

Respect is simply a choice. Why do people respect & do business with
corporations that are literally destroying the very planet that we all all
live on?

Yes, the tarps, tents, shopping carts and trash are unsightly but that's
very temporary and very easily fixed.

Where's all your contempt for all the super fund sites? For the polluted
rivers? For the polluted air? For the constant surveillance of your
personal life? For the mis-appropriation of common spaces and common
resources for private gain?