[PLUG] IP Tracking

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 00:48:35 UTC 2019

On 9/23/19 5:10 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, Ben Koenig wrote:
>
>> IMO, Rich isn't going to get what he wants,
>
> Ah, but with regard to letting ghostery do what it can to block
> tracking and
> accepting the results are just what I want. :-)

I have no complaints about that. However I would like to re-iterate
Tomas' original comment. And yes, this is going to sound hostile, and
there is a very real possibility that you will fail to understand the
point, but such is the complexity of human communication.

The concern here is not how you approach the issue, but how others will
read your opinions. It's pretty clear that your approach is
fundamentally flawed, and you admit that. You personally are also OK
with it, since it achieves your goals to the extent that you are looking
for.

So, to phrase the question more directly:

Given that you admit that you are not an expert, and are only interested
in certain facets of privacy, do you really believe that others should
adopt your approach to security?