[PLUG] IP Tracking

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 01:03:27 UTC 2019

> "The seatbelt did not invent itself, and Internet Safety doesn't grow
> on trees. There is an expectation currently that everything will
> magically work itself out, that all of this will be made right in the end.
> The reality is that someone has to build the better system, in order for
> us to have a better system. "

Is English not your 1st language? I ask because I'm confused how one could
arrive at these conclusions.

No one said anything to this effect. Again, a lot of people died and were
injured and one guy had to fight congress. I think most everyone
understands that reality. It's pretty fucking obvious.

"There is merit to saying that those who make no effort to understand the
system should STFU."

This is a public and perhaps more importantly, community forum which
includes people who use tech, but don't work in tech.

I don't see Rich's analogy as flawed. Rich's story is simply that you might
do all the right things and you might or more likely will be the victim of
some exploited vulnerability that you or other's weren't aware or was out
of your control.

Maybe try putting down tech manuals, reading actual books in attempt to
understand other human beings?