[PLUG] Privacy & Security PLUG Talk / Workshop?

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 02:14:45 UTC 2019

A few years ago I attended a couple of these. One was at Hackerspace PDX
and the other was at SEIU.

The covered the basics, passwords, encryption, social media, etc. The one
at hackerspace you could put your email address into a web site and it
would return whatever personal info, credentials, etc that the tool could
find. Pretty eye opening for most attendees.

In light of the IP Tracking email thread and Tom's excellent "Freedom &
Privacy Resecting Replacements", I would be very interested to not only
learn more about these and other options, but also other's experiences and
most importantly how to maintain a functional level of daily web/mobile use
without freely giving away all your personal data or spending most of your
time trying to avoid be tracked, surveilled and exploited.

-- Mike