[PLUG] Using filezilla

wes plug at the-wes.com
Fri Sep 27 20:36:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 1:03 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> I need to download a 75M data file and the source makes it available on
> only
> their filezilla server. I've installed filezilla

Filezilla is software that implements well-known and supported file
transfer types, the same ones you mention below. It is not required to
install the Filezilla client, though if those are the instructions provided
by the file host, that may make lives easier.

here and added the server
> names the source's instructions tell me to, but I cannot find how to
> connect
> to their server and download the file.

What specific steps did you take?

Filezilla's server configuration wants to configure my firewall and router.
> I don't want it to touch those.

This phrasing suggests that you may have actually installed the Filezilla
server component, rather than the client.

I've no problems using ftp, sftp, ncftp,
> wget, and other tools and have no idea why filezilla cannot see there's a
> clear and working path from that host to the outside 'Net.

You should probably just use the tools you're familiar with, and adapt the
instructions provided to you to suit.

-wes