[PLUG] Using filezilla

wes plug at the-wes.com
Mon Sep 30 16:13:44 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 5:41 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Sep 2019, tom wrote:
>
> > If your using a Linux distrobution most already come with various FUSE
> > plugins so all you have to do is open your standard file manager and in
> > the URL bar ftp://yourusername@someserver.tld
>
> Wes,
>
> Yes, Slackware is a linux distribution.
>
> My standard file manager is the command line. Regardless, if a GUI file
> manager will accept ftp://yourusername@someserver.tld why do ftp, ncftp,
> ncrtpget, sftp, and wget fail to connect or download the desired file?
>
> Rich

a) That wasn't me

b) That is a very good question. based on the instructions you shared, sftp
is the correct tool. My best guess as to the problem is that it's not
prompting you for the password, which I presume is what the vendor supplied
to you. I can't guess any further without having possession of the username
and password in question, and/or access to the system you're trying to do
this from. There is some critical detail missing.

-wes