[PLUG] Free Conference Call => "Spotting a a fake web service"

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:57:27 UTC 2020

Rich, yes by definition Peer to Peer connections and distributed networks
don't require a central server.

However, if NAT is involved between 2 peers a TURN / STUN server is
required to handle NAT traversal. As most endpoints are behind an ISP or
company router/firewall with a private IP address a TURN / STUN server
would almost always be required.

But individuals.can run their own TURN / STUN servers at home and/or work.

I'm not sure if OpenWRT has this functionality. I suspect it does.

Jami also has an account management server which would be good and useful
for large organizations.

The Jami website has some pretty easy reading blog posts on all of the
above topics.if you're so inclined.