[PLUG] Question on Zoombombin

Mark Allyn allyn at well.com
Mon Apr 6 01:08:53 UTC 2020

Folks:

I don't know if this is the right forum or not to ask this, but I am curious about this so called Zoombombing that's been creeping up.

I was as a zoom meeting that did get bombed with porn on Saturday. Luckily, the host was able to kick them off very quickly.

However, this leads me to a question.

If I happen to have had another machine on my network running a sniffer; something like Snort; would have I got the IP address of whomever Zoombombed the meeting I was on?

In a system like Zoom, do all of the videos come together to my desktop or do they go to the host first and then out to the guests? Who would see the source IP addresses of those who connect (including the zoombomber) if they had a Snort or other sniffer running on their network?

If this is not a good forum for something like this, would anyone know what forum I could take this to? Would it be DorkbotPDX?

Thank you

Mark

--
Mark Allyn