[PLUG] Question on Zoombombin

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 06:24:59 UTC 2020

"Or does Zoom even care?"

Oh, Zooom cares, a lot! This has been going on for at least a couple of
weeks and has developed into it's own online subculture that's exploiting
software vulnerabilities and is threatening Zoom's business with
governments and businesses around the world.

Zoom like so many other social media / communication tools is cloud based.
They have servers all over the world including in China.

If you want to know more about Zoom's network architecture and security,
here's a pretty decent article by The Intercept,
https://theintercept.com/2020/04/03/zooms-encryption-is-not-suited-for-secrets-and-has-surprising-links-to-china-researchers-discover/

Zoom has a bit of a mess on their hands and yet again here's another
example of good marketing and user friendliness built on top of insecure
code. Which always ends up just being a matter of time before it gets
exploited.