[PLUG] Ripping audio cds and creating duplicates

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Apr 6 18:44:06 UTC 2020

On 4/6/20 10:57 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> My sister's in an independent living facility in the Bay Area and has
> been
> in her apartment for the past 3 weeks as the facility is locked down both
> externally and internally. Not being able to read (she's legally
> blind) nor
> able to get audio books because the California library is closed means
> that
> there's little to do but watch TV which is quite depressing. So I
> offered to
> copy some of my music cds for her.
>
> Since I'm not dealing with digital audio files as source I need to rip
> the
> audio cds to a digital format (does it matter which one?), then create an
> audio disk image that I can write to a blank cd disk.
>
> I've not seen a suitable package in SBo's audio repo and have not before
> done anything like this so I ask for advice and recommendations for
> software
> for the two steps: ripping from disk to digital then writing digital
> tracks
> to a cd-rw disk.

When I digitize my LPs I'm using a USB turntable, but I used to do the
same thing with the audio out from the turntable to the audio in on the
computer's sound card. I use Audacity to record and save as .mp3.

For burning the audio to a CD-RW, have you searched for Slackware CD
burning tools?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens