[PLUG] Ripping audio cds and creating duplicates

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:09:29 UTC 2020

"My sister's in an independent living facility in the Bay Area and has been
in her apartment for the past 3 weeks as the facility is locked down both
externally and internally. Not being able to read (she's legally blind)
nor able to get audio books because the California library is closed means
that there's little to do but watch TV which is quite depressing."

Rich, if your sister is able to operate a computer or smartphone enough to
navigate the Stitcher Podcast app, I'm sure she'd find some interesting /
entertaining content.

I also did a quick Google and came across this article,
https://brailleworks.com/9-apps-accessibility-technology/

This in particular caught my attention:

BARD <https://bard.loc.gov/login//NLS> allows users to download books,
journals, publications, magazines, and music scores in audio and braille
from the Library of Congress. BARD does a great job of getting books on the
app within the first or second year of their release date. With Bluetooth,
users can connect refreshable braille displays and play audio materials.
This app is available FREE for both Apple and Android devices if you have
an account with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically
Handicapped(NLS).

I hope that's helpful.