[PLUG] Kernel Modules to blacklist binary applications

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:15:45 UTC 2020

All of the DMR radios use some form of Customer Programming
Software (CPS) all of them are windows based and usually are
ugly and not well done.

Some work has been done for the Tytera MD-380 family of radios,
and there are Linux tools for those radios but the rest of then are
all Windows based.

Dale Farnsworth (descendant of Philo Farnsworth of vidcon
fame) has done a nice program for that family of radios, it is
EditCP.

Regarding Icom, I have found that their software will run under
Wine, but a lot of them do not.

Chirp does quite well with the analog radios, I am on the Chirp
list, the biggest problem there is Windows users, between drivers
and just not plugging the programming cable in tight, that seems
to be the big issues that I see there. In fact Chirp is done in Python
so it is Linux, they just wrap it up in an installer for windows and I
guess install all of the stuff needed to run it on windows. I run it
on my Linux machines and even a RPi.