[PLUG] Webcam capture software

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Apr 11 23:34:10 UTC 2020

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020, King Beowulf wrote:

> I've used VLC before. Its a swiss army knife for video playback with
> capture capability. Crazy big dependency list. It may be a bit overkill if
> all you what is a simple webcam software.

Ed,

Yep, there were 48 dependencies not installed here. Took a while to get them
installed but vlc did build. Looks like it needs a detailed user guide.

> webcamoid looks interesting, I'll have to check it out.

The UI when it's loaded is quite distracting. Cute, but distracting.

> wxcam on Slackbuilds,org. VERY minimal and few bells and whistles. I might
> drop it when Slackware current -> 15.0 in favor of maybe webcamoid.

I'll look at that, too.

What I want to do first is in the 'screen capture' category rather than the
'webcam capture' category. I use impressive to present the beamer PDFs in my
presentations and I need to learn how to display the pdf 'slides' using
impressive during a webinar. Attendees can see it full screen (I'll be
speaking, too) and I will have it in a window within the webinar hosting
software. Much to learn and now's the time to learn it.

Stay well,