[PLUG] PCCTogether

michael at robinson-west.com michael at robinson-west.com
Wed Apr 15 11:57:59 UTC 2020

I'm a former PCC student and a graduate in general studies from there.

I'm deeply concerned about a message from the PCC Foundation that there is a crisis due to Covid which has closed the campuses.

With campuses closed, there are food shortages for some students as well as childcare challenges.

They are requesting money to give laptops to students who need them for distance learning.

For students who have lost their job, I am hopeful that Oregon's unemployment system will help them.

What about students who are homeless though and who did not have a job to lose?

Please pluggers, get on this. The Foundation has raised $24k, prayerfully consider boosting that to $100k and soon.

Also, support freegeek which should be able to help with technology and maybe work for some students.

https://www.givecampus.com/schools/PortlandCommunityCollege/pcctogether#updates (https://www.givecampus.com/schools/PortlandCommunityCollege/pcctogether#updates)