[PLUG] Xubuntu 18.04 -- Software Updater Problem

Lou knight4light at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:07:06 UTC 2020

What a coincidence! A friend who is running Ubuntu 18.04 in his laptop
also had the same problem. The update manager said that there is no
Internet when there was a working Internet connection.

So, I just opened the terminal for him, and typed

  sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

and run the update through the Terminal, and it worked.

I am not running Ubuntu 18.04, but I suspect there was some kind of
regression or new bug introduced in last update. This is just a guess
based on my friend's and your experience.