[PLUG] Reinstall of Buster working great!

Michael C Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sat Apr 25 21:56:04 UTC 2020

Diladele Web Safety doesn't show an extra local ip address anymore either.

I opted out of X Windows and for now I'm not setting up unifi
controller software because of the old
version of MongoDB and because it binds to interfaces I don't want it
on for security reasons.

I'm tempted for the unifi software to reuse my old Pi 3 model B.  I
can leave it off most of the time
as it's very rare that I need to change anything on my Unifi AP AC LR.
  I would prefer a unit that has
a web server built in honestly instead of a unit that expects another
piece of equipment.  I'm having
second thoughts about Ubiquiti Networks equipment being the best choice.

Oh yeah, I can ping stably to yahoo.com now upwards of 1000 times
without packet loss!

The only thing that would be better is transparent proxying, but
without the big picture I doubt I can get that working.

      -- Michael C. Robinson