[PLUG] Alsamixer setup

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:02:16 UTC 2020

In general, if you are running pulseaudio you should try to go through
pulseaudio.

That said, if pulseaudio isn't showing you the options you are looking for,
open alsamixer and press f6. You will then be presented with a list of
sound cards. Select the card you want to configure and all of your options
will be made available just like in the good old days.

when pulse runs, it creates a virtual device and trys to take full control,
but you can select your card and configure as usual since pulse still
relies on Alsa as it's backend.

F6 to select your card, F3/4/5 to alternate between input/output controls.

-Ben