[PLUG] What to do First Thursday?

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:20:36 UTC 2020

"So, I've decided to produce instructional videos but make them available
as webinars-on-demand."

I don't understand why anyone wo go through all the trouble of trying to
figure out which webinar app to use if they'\re not conducting a live
seminar over the internet. This makes no sense to me.

I suggest looking into OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) which is open source
and free and installs on all Linux distros, BSD, Windows and MAC. Then just
post the video to Google Drive, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.

OBS might not be the ideal tool you're looking for but there are many more
like it. One of the key benefits of using this type of software is that you
have a lot more options for making your instructional videos more
interesting, useful and effective because you can add text, animation,
graphics and the like.

It's likely that Covid-19 is going to disrupt in person gatherings through
physical distancing until the end of Summer.