[PLUG] What to do First Thursday?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 30 12:51:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020, Mike C. wrote:

> I don't understand why anyone wo go through all the trouble of trying to
> figure out which webinar app to use if they'\re not conducting a live
> seminar over the internet. This makes no sense to me.

Mike,

I totally agree which is why I'm no longer seeking a webinar host. And I've
cancelled my FCC account since I cannot use it.

> I suggest looking into OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) which is open
> source and free and installs on all Linux distros, BSD, Windows and MAC.
> Then just post the video to Google Drive, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.

I'm learning OBS and while it will certainly record as well as stream it
provides capabilities well beyond my needs. So first I'll use vokoscreenNG
to learn how to get the camera and microphone working to record a learning
video of me sitting here and talking to the monitor. I am still looking for
comprehensive OBS docs; the video series I've found jumps too quickly across
a process.

> It's likely that Covid-19 is going to disrupt in person gatherings through
> physical distancing until the end of Summer.

Perhaps longer than this. It all depends on the target audience. Most of my
clients don't work in an urban office building and frequently spend their
days jumping from crisis to crisis putting out the fire du jour. Making time
for meetings is always difficult for them. Letting them know they can
download the tutorials from the youtube business channel I'm creating means
they can watch them at their convenience.

All suggestions are welcome. Keep 'em coming.

Regards,